Well my attempt was pretty good. I think it looks more like any other monster but my instructor knew what it was suppose to be. I forgot to look at picture before i went so I couldn't remember what the mouth was suppose to look like.

I also practiced my roses this week. It is very complicated to make a beautiful rose. The moving of both hands, while tilting the bag, and applying the correct pressure is just very confusing. I feel like I am getting better, but I still don't quite have it. Practice makes perfect, right?

The bottom cupcake is the new flower we learned. It was actually harder then it looks. The icing kept coming up when I lifted the tip.
I only have one more class left. I am baking a chocolate cake with peanut butter icing this week. We are learning how to make a bow and another flower to put on our final cake.
April will be all about the fondant and gum paste. I can't wait for this class! Fondant is the icing that is on most wedding cakes and a lot of people think it doesn't taste good. BUT it makes the cakes look pretty!

I remember those cookie monster cupcakes! They were the best! We have this great picture of Brian eating a left over one that you sent home for him with blue icing ALL over his face. Classic.
ReplyDelete